The Roselle Public Library provides Notary Service for the convenience of the community. Those seeking Notary Services are advised of the following:
- It is recommended that patrons seeking Notary Service call the Library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary will be available. The Library can be reached by calling (908) 245-5809.
- There is a $1.00 charge per notary signature.
- Valid photo identification is required of any customer seeking Notary Service.
- The Library will not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at this facility.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service customer.
- Notary Service is not available for Deeds, Wills, Living Wills, Living Trusts, Codicils, Depositions, Mortgages or other Real Estate Closing documents.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.